Pesto Chicken Quinoa BowlJan 01, 2021 ● By Frisco STYLE
Provided by First Watch
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1 person
Basil Pesto Dressing
Lemon White Balsamic Vinaigrette (makes approx. 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 4 cups canola oil
- 1/4 cup green onions finely sliced
Pesto Chicken Quinoa Bowl (One Serving)
- 6 Tbsp chicken stock divided
- 1/2 cup kale cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp carrots julienned
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- 4 oz cooked chicken cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp Lemon White Balsamic Vinaigrette (recipe above)
- 1 Tbsp feta cheese crumbled
- 1 Tbsp Roasted Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Basil Pesto Dressing (recipe above)
- Freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Freshly chopped chives for garnish
- 2 fresh lemon wedges for garnish (if desired)
Basil Pesto Dressing
- In a mixing bowl, combine both ingredients thoroughly with a wire whisk.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate.
Lemon White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except oil and green onions. Whisk/blend together to incorporate
- Slowly add oil to liquid mixture to incorporate, whisking/blending the entire time.
- Add finely sliced green onions and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Pesto Chicken Quinoa Bowl
- In a 10-inch nonstick pan, combine 4 tablespoons chicken stock with kale and carrots. Top with cooked quinoa and sauté over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, until chicken stock has evaporated and kale starts to soften.
- In an 8-inch nonstick pan, sauté chicken with 2 tablespoons chicken stock until stock has evaporated. In same pan, add vinaigrette to the heated chicken and top with feta cheese and roasted tomatoes. Keep warm without melting the feta (about 30 seconds).
- Place quinoa mixture in a salad bowl. Add sauteed chicken, feta and tomatoes on top of the quinoa. Drizzle Basil Pesto Dressing over entire bowl. Garnish with fresh herbs and fresh lemon wedges (if desired)
Recipes Jan 21 0 stars Chicken/Poultry ranch dressing basil pesto water mustard lemon juice white balsamic vinegar kosher salt granulated sugar black pepper granulated garlic canola oil green onions chicken stock kale carrots quinoa cooked chicken Lemon White Balsamic Vinaigrette feta cheese Roasted Tomatoes Basil Pesto Dressing Freshly chopped parsley Freshly chopped chives fresh lemon wedges