Squash PieDec 01, 2020 ● By Frisco STYLE
True Food Kitchen serves up their famous seasonal squash pie every winter and it does not disappoint! Full of beautiful in-season ingredients and spices, this pie is sure to be a hit at any holiday gathering!
Prep Time: 1.5 hours
Cook Time: 44 minutes
Servings: 6 people
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour Bob’s Red Mill
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 cup evaporated cane sugar
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 large butternut squash; roasted about 4 cups
- 1/4 cup evaporated cane sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 3/4 cups coconut cream
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp brandy
- Combine oat flour, buckwheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Add melted coconut oil, water and vanilla paste and mix until the dough starts to come together.
- Scrape the sides of bowl and continue mixing until dough is smooth and consistent.
- Roll the dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper until its slightly bigger than your pie mold.
- Dust rolling pin with gluten free flour before using to pick up and transfer to pie mold.
- Lightly brush mold with oil.
- Press dough into pie mold evenly, then dock dough with fork.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before baking.
- Cut squash in half from end to end and remove seeds. Place on parchment paper, cut side down, roast in 325°F oven for 45-60 minutes, until squash is tender.
- Remove skin.
- Combine the remainder of the ingredients with the 4 cups of roasted squash in a large bowl.
- With an immersion blender, blend until completely smooth.
- Pour mixture into pre-set pie shell.
- Bake at 325°F for 22 minutes.
- Rotate pan and continue to bake for 22 more minutes.
- Bake pie until it reaches 175°F internal temperature. Let cool at room temperature for 1 hour.
Recipes Dec 20 0 stars water kosher salt gluten-free flour buckwheat flour baking soda ground cinnamon evaporated cane sugar melted coconut oil vanilla bean paste large butternut squash; roasted brown sugar ground ginger ground allspice ground nutmeg coconut cream cornstarch brandy Desserts gluten free flour