One Pot Easy Shrimp in Coconut SauceJul 01, 2020 ● By Frisco STYLE
A 30-minute, creamy, and comforting One Pot Shrimp in Coconut Sauce with blended vegetables to serve over rice or noodles. It is dinner made easy!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 1 1/2 lbs jumbo raw shrimp (deveined, both shell and tail removed)
- 5 Tbsp vegetable oil divided
- 3 garlic cloves 1 minced and 2 coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp salt divided
- 1 tsp ground black pepper divided
- 1 large white or yellow onion peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 large orange or red bell pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 2 leaves large basil plus more to garnish
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley plus more to garnish
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp lime juice (about 1 large lime, juiced)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp sweet paprika (optional)
- 4-6 oz Softened Cream Cheese (the amount depends on how creamy you want)
- 1 red jalapeno pepper thinly sliced (optional)
- Place the peeled shrimp in a bowl with 1 Tablespoon of oil, one minced garlic clove, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper. Toss to coat and let marinade while cooking the vegetables.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add the onion and bell pepper and let cook for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the 2 coarsely chopped garlic cloves and cook for about 1 minute. Add the canned diced tomatoes, basil, and cilantro/parsley. Let cook for about 2 minutes. Transfer the cooked vegetables to a blender and set aside.
- Add the 2 remaining Tablespoons of oil to the skillet and cook the shrimp for 2 minutes, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes or it until starts getting pink. Transfer the shrimp to a plate or bowl.
- Add the coconut milk, chicken/vegetable broth, lime juice, ground ginger, paprika (optional), and the remaining salt and pepper to the cooked, reserved vegetables and blend everything until vegetables are completely ground and mixture is homogeneous.
- Transfer blended mixture to the skillet and bring to a boil; then reduce to simmer and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the cream cheese and stir until melted and the sauce is creamy and homogeneous.
- Add the cooked shrimp to the skillet and toss to coat. Garnish with basil leaves, chopped cilantro/parsley, and slices of red jalapeno pepper if desired.
Recipes Jul 20 0 stars ground ginger garlic cloves jumbo raw shrimp vegetable oil salt ground black pepper large white or yellow onion large orange or red bell pepper canned diced tomatoes leaves large basil chopped cilantro or parsley coconut milk chicken or vegetable broth lime juice sweet paprika Softened Cream Cheese red jalapeno pepper Fish/Seafood