Southern Summer Key Lime PieJun 01, 2020 ● By Frisco STYLE
Provided by Colleen Beaird
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 8 people
- 20 graham crackers
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Start making the crust. Mash the graham crackers inside a freezer bag. Pour the crumbs into a bowl and stir in the sugar and melted butter.
- Press your mixture into a pie pan and bake until it is brown (about 5-8 minutes).
- Now, make the pie filling. Mix the lime zest, lime juice and egg yolks together in a bowl.
- Pour in the condensed milk and mix all of the ingredients until they thicken. Pour your mixture on top of the crust in your pie pan.
- Bake the pie for about 15 minutes.
- TIPS: After you remove the pie from the oven and it cools, refrigerate the dessert for several hours. Add whipped cream and lime garnishing to make your pie look perfect!