Sweet Potato PancakesOct 01, 2019 ● By Frisco STYLE
Provided by Tupelo Honey Chef Eric Gabrynowicz
Prep Time: 1.5 hours
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Servings: 5 servings
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 large sweet potato roasted & cooled
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, sugar, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a sepa- rate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs and melted butter then add this mixture to the dry mixture.
- Peel and mash the sweet potato, place it in a bowl and add the honey, cin- namon and nutmeg. Mix it well.
- Add this mixture into the pan- cake batter. Let the batter stand for one hour (or you can make it a day ahead of time).
- Heat a skil- let over medium heat. Add the batter by the ladleful and cook the pancakes, in batches, until they are golden brown on each side.
- Serve immediately and top with preferred toppings such as spiced pecans and peach but- ter or fried chicken.