Rustic Greek H'tipitiAug 01, 2019 ● By Frisco STYLE
provided by Zaytinya at The Star
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hours
Servings: 4 people
- 4 red bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 shallot, peeled
- dash of white pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh thyme (stems removed)
- 8 oz feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Toss the red peppers in canola oil then place them directly on the oven racks. Bake for approximately one hour, turning them every seven minutes or so.
- Remove the peppers from the oven with tongs. Set them aside and let them cool.
- Mince the garlic and shallots and place them in a small mixing bowl. Combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, shallots, white pepper and salt and set aside.
- Peel the skins from the outside of the peppers. Discard the skin, stems and seeds. Chop the peppers into small pieces and place them in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Whisk the dressing mixture to combine and pour over the pepper mixture. Add crumbled feta cheese. Stir the ingredients together and let chill for 15 minutes. Garnish with thyme before serving.