Breakfast BurgerJun 01, 2019 ● By Frisco STYLE
provided by Andrew and Lindsay Johnson
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Servings: 6 people
- 1 package peppered bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 3/4 lb lean ground beef
- 3/4 lb ground pork
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 6 brioche buns toasted
- 6 eggs over easy
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- Baby spinach leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Set a wire rack inside a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Place the bacon slices on a plate.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar with three tablespoons of maple syrup. Press the brown sugar mixture onto one side of the bacon.
- Transfer the bacon to the wire rack, brown sugar side up. Bake it until it is crispy (about 30-40 minutes).
- In a medium bowl, use your hands to combine the beef, pork, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Gently shape the beef mixture into six patties that are about four inches in diameter.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the patties, pressing them with the back of a spatula. Cook them for 8-10 minutes (or your desired doneness), turning them once.
- During the last minute of cooking, top each patty with a slice of cheese. Transfer the patties to a plate, then fry the eggs over easy. Transfer the eggs to paper-towel lined plate.
- In a small bowl, mix two tablespoons of maple syrup and the Dijon mustard. Spread the maple-mustard sauce on toasted brioche buns. Place the patties on the bottom halves of the buns. Top with spinach, bacon, a fried egg and top bun.