Low-Carb Bacon BarkNov 01, 2018 ● By Frisco STYLE
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 8 people
- 8 oz mozzarella
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp low-carb sweetener
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup low-carb sweetener
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- 1/2 tsp molasses
- 8 bacon slices cooked, crispy, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Microwave the cheese in a bowl for one minute. Stir the cheese, then microwave it for 30 more seconds (or until cheese is fully melted).
- Add the rest of the dough ingredients and melted cheese to a food processor.
- Mix until it is a uniform color.
- Press the dough out in a rectangle on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In a separate bowl, mix the low-carb sweetener, maple extract and molasses. Sprinkle half of it over the prepared dough, then top with chopped pieces of bacon.
- Bake for about 25 minutes then cut into smaller squares for serving.