Caramel Apple DipOct 02, 2018 ● By Frisco STYLE
Provided by Angela Thomas
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Servings: 10 people
- 3 lbs apples
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp allspice
For the caramel
- To make the apple butter, place the apples, juice and spices in large heavy-bottomed stock pan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat and let it simmer for 1-2 hours, until the apples have broken down.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the apples together until they are smooth (or do this in batches in your blender or food processor).
- Return the mixture to the pan. Let it simmer for another hour or until it has thickened and reduced by half, being sure to stir the mixture frequently.
- At this time, stir in the warm caramel until the mixture is well-combined.