Lemonade Cheesecake MousseApr 01, 2018 ● By Frisco STYLE
From the April 2018 issue
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup graham crackers crushed
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- yellow food coloring
- 12 oz Softened Cream Cheese
- 10 oz lemon curd
- In a bowl, whisk together the graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar. Pour in the melted butter and stir the ingredients until all the crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Divide the mixture evenly into serving cups and set them aside.
- In a separate small bowl, pour the lemon juice and water. Sprinkle the gelatin powder evenly over the top and let it rest for five minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form. Add 1/3 cup of powdered sugar and add as much yellow food coloring as you would like. Then, whip the mixture until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate large bowl, whip the cream cheese until it is smooth.
- Mix the lemon curd and remaining powdered sugar in with the cream cheese.
- In the microwave, heat the rested gelatin for about 30 seconds then whisk the mixture for one minute before letting it cool for three minutes (only three minutes – mixture will start to set).
- While you mix the cream cheese mixture, slowly pour in the gelatin mixture and thoroughly blend. Fold 1/3 of the whipped cream mixture at a time into the cream cheese mixture until fully combined.
- Evenly distribute the mousse mixture into your cups on top of the graham cracker layer. Refrigerate the dessert for at least two hours before serving. Add the garnishing of your choice.