Paneer Butter MasalaFeb 02, 2018 ● By Frisco STYLE
Provided by Meena Radhakrishnan
Prep Time: ≈7 hours
Cook Time: ≈30 minutes
Servings: 4 people
For the Paste
For the Gravy
- 4 tomatoes halved
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 8 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 pinch cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp kashmiri chili powder
- 3/4 Tbsp chindu’s garam masala
- 3/4 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups paneer cubed
- For the paste, soak the cashews and almonds in warm milk for about six hours then grind them into a fine paste.
- For the gravy, sauté the onion in four teaspoons of olive oil (until tender). The color will become transparent.
- Boil the tomatoes in a pot of water until they are mushy. Remove the skins from the tomatoes and separate the pulp.
- Grind the onion and tomato into a fine paste.
- Heat another pan and add four teaspoons of olive oil and the butter. Add the cumin seeds until it turns golden in color. Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté it until it turns golden brown.
- Add the onion/tomato paste, turmeric powder, Kashmiri chili powder and Chindu’s garam masala and let it boil.
- Add the cashew almond paste, mix it well and let it come to a boil.
- Add the salt and heavy whipping cream. Add the paneer to the gravy and let it boil for a minute.
- Garnish it with cilantro and whipping cream. Serve the dish hot with roti or naan.