Lucky Shepherd's PiesJun 23, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Make shepherd's pie at home with this recipe from Frisco Style
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 people
- 1 can(s) biscuits
- 1 tablespoon(s) cooking oil
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 1/2 cup(s) beef broth
- 1 cup(s) mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoon(s) parsley chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) mashed potatoes
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) onion powder
- 2 cup(s) grated cheddar cheese
- Follow the directions on the biscuit can and cook them in the oven. After removing them from the oven, cut them in half horizontally.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef, onions, salt, pepper and garlic. Cook your mixture until the meat is browned thoroughly.
- Pour the flour into the meat mixture and stir it until it thickens. Add the beef broth, vegetables and herbs. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Prepare your mashed potatoes. While warm, stir in the garlic and onion powder.
- Spoon a layer of the mashed potatoes onto the halved biscuits. Top with your beef mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top of each pie.
- Heat them in the oven at 425 degrees for about 10 minutes (or until the cheese is melted).