Red ChiliJun 23, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Try this tasty red chili recipe from Frisco Style
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 1 batch
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 2 cup(s) chopped onions
- 2 pound(s) rump or shoulder roast
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 4 clove(s) minced garlic
- 20 ounce(s) crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup(s) tomato paste
- 15 ounce(s) beef stock
- 1 cup(s) canned dark red kidney beans
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 4 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 1/2 cup(s) grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 tablespoon(s) sour cream
- 1 small jar(s) jalapenos
- In a large saucepan, heat vegetable oil. When oil is hot, add onions and saute for 3 to 5 min., or until the vegetables start to wilt. Season with salt and cayenne.
- Stir in meat, chili powder, cumin, crushed red pepper and oregano. Brown meat for 5 to 6 min.
- Stir in the garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, beef stock and beans.
- Bring liquid to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Uncovered for 1 hr., stirring occasionally, or until beef is tender. Skim off fat occasionally.
- Mix flour and water together. Slowly stir in slurry and continue to cook for 30 min.
- Re-season with salt and cayenne.
- Serve over corn chips. Garnish with the grated cheese, sour cream and jalapeños