Chicken Fajita Pot PieJun 23, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Try this unique twist on a chicken pot pie! Recipe from Frisco Style Magazine
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/8 cup(s) chopped cilantro
- 1/8 cup(s) chopped jalapeños to taste optional
- 2 pound(s) grilled seasoned chicken thigh meat for fajitas (Texas Meat Packers)
- 1/2 cup(s) refried black beans
- 1/2 cup(s) pinto beans drained
- 1/4 cup(s) Queso Fresco cheese
- 3/4 cup(s) Oaxaca cheese
- 3/4 cup(s) cheddar cheese
- 4 ounce(s) diced green chilies drained
- 2 preformed pie shells
- 2 rolled pie crusts tops
- 1 pint(s) Spanish rice
- Preheat oven to 400. In a skillet, put a tablespoon of olive oil and add onions. Sauté onions until translucent. Then, add two cloves of minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place half of the pinto beans in the bottom of the pie shells. Place half of refried black beans in bottom of pie shells. Add onions evenly to both pie shells.
- Sprinkle a light layer of the three cheeses in each pie shell, and then sprinkle cilantro evenly over both. Layer the diced green chilies and a layer of chicken.
- Add a second layer of onion, a layer of cooked Spanish rice and the remaining cheese. Sprinkle a little cilantro, jalapenos and light salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with pie crust, crimp the edges and cut vent holes. Brush with egg wash.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
Recipes chopped cilantro medium onion 0 stars Chicken/Poultry olive oil cheddar cheese garlic chopped jalapeños to taste grilled seasoned chicken thigh meat for fajitas refried black beans pinto beans Queso Fresco cheese Oaxaca cheese diced green chilies preformed pie shells rolled pie crusts Spanish rice