White Chili SurpriseJun 23, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Switch up chili night with a white chili recipe from Frisco Style Magazine
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 1 batch
- 3 limes including zest
- 1/2 cup(s) tequila
- red pepper flakes
- 3 16 oz. can(s) northern beans drained
- 2 pound(s) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large onions chopped
- 5 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 8 ounce(s) green chilies
- 1 tablespoon(s) plus 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper divided
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 6 cup(s) chicken stock
- 3 cup(s) grated Monterey Jack
- sour cream
- fresh green onions chopped
- Place chicken breasts in a container that can be covered (large zip lock bag will work).
- Zest 1 of the limes and sprinkle the lime zest over the chicken breast. Juice all 3 limes and pour over chicken. Pour the tequila over the chicken and add 1 tsp. cumin and 1 tsp. cayenne pepper. Sprinkle red pepper flakes over the chicken and marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Heat olive oil in stockpot and add onion and sauté for about 10 minutes until translucent. Add garlic, green chilies, cumin, cayenne pepper, and cloves and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and add beans.
- Grill chicken breasts for 5 minutes and pour remaining marinade over the chicken breasts on the grill. Turn the chicken breasts and grill the second side for 4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the grill and cut into small cubes.
- Add the cubed chicken and cheese to the chili and stir until the cheese melts.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with remaining cheese, chopped green onions and sour cream. Salt to taste.