Chicken Stuffed Jalapeño PoppersJun 23, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Delicious jalapeño popper recipe from Frisco Style
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 2 dozen
- 2 chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoon(s) cream cheese softened
- 6 strip(s) bacon
- 1 cup(s) shredded cheese cheddar or Monterey jack
- 24 jalapeno peppers
- Preheat oven or grill to 400 degrees.
- Grill or bake chicken breasts. Chop into small pieces.
- Fry bacon strips until crispy. Break into small pieces.
- In bowl, combine chicken, bacon, softened cream cheese and shredded cheese. Mix until completely combined. Set aside.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium-sized pan. Cut tops off jalapeno peppers and hallow out all seeds and membranes (if you have sensitive hands, wear gloves to prevent pepper oils from burning your hands). Drop peppers into boiling water and blanch for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from boiling water and drain.
- When peppers are cool to touch, stuff each pepper with chicken filling. Place stuffed peppers in Jalapeno roaster rack. Top each with extra shredded cheese.
- Place pepper roaster on shallow pan (this will keep your oven clean) and into preheated oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- If grilling, place pepper roaster in area of indirect heat to avoid excessive charring. Grill for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and peppers are soft.