Jalapeño CornbreadJun 23, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Kick up the heat with this jalapeño cornbread recipe from Frisco Style Magazine!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 6 people
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup(s) cornmeal
- 3 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray cooking spray on a muffin pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the melted butter, oil, brown sugar and honey (until smooth) before adding your egg. Next, whisk in the buttermilk.
- Combine the wet mixture with the dry mixture and stir. Add your peppers.
- Add your batter to the muffin pan and cook for 20-25 minutes.