Pumpkin Spice MuffinsJun 23, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Delicious pumpkin muffin recipe from Frisco Style Magazine
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 1 batch
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1/2 cup(s) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter chopped into pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 heaping cup(s) pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup(s) butter softened
- 4 ounce(s) cream cheese
- 1/2 pound(s) powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
For the Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Generously grease 12 muffin tins.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Cut in butter until it is fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin, evaporated milk, egg, and vanilla.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture. Add raisins. Fold gently until just combined. Pour into a greased muffin pan—batter hardly ever fills all twelve unless you keep it down to 1/2 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes, then remove and allow to cool. Ice with cream cheese frosting.
For the Frosting
- Mix all ingredients on high until soft and whipped.
- Spread onto completely cooled muffins, or place into a large pastry bag with a large star tip and go crazy!
- Store in the fridge, as icing will soften at room temperature.