Tex Benedict: A Texas Twist on an Old FavoriteJun 23, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Take a break from the norm with this Texas version of eggs benedict from Frisco Style
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 slice Texas Toast
- 1/4 pound(s) smoked brisket sliced or chopped
- 4 eggs
- Muenster cheese
- 1 can(s) chipotles
- 2 teaspoon(s) salted butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) vinegar
- Poach two eggs in water. Keep the water just under a soft boil and add vinegar to help the eggs keep shape.
- Using a double boiler, start the Chipotle Hollandaise sauce by slowly melting the butter over very low heat. If you do not have a double boiler, you can use a small saucepot and suspend a second pot on edge over the heated water. Do not let the hot water touch the second pan; otherwise, the butter will cook the eggs in chunks.
- Add lemon juice to taste for “brightness.” Separate the remaining two eggs and keep the yolks, discarding the whites. Lightly whisk the yolks and very slowly drizzle into the butter/lemon juice mixture, continually mixing the sauce to prevent overheating. Add 2-3 teaspoons of chipotle sauce and mix thoroughly
- Butter and grill evenly both sides of the Texas toast. Top the toast with brisket and warm the cheese on the griddle.
- Top the brisket with the cheese and poached eggs. Liberally ladle the Chipotle Hollandaise sauce over the eggs.