White Chocolate and Cherry Bread Pudding with Cherry Port SauceJun 22, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Delicious bread pudding recipe from Frisco Style Magazine
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 12 people
- 1 1/2 dozen donuts
- 6 eggs
- 2 cup(s) Heavy Cream
- 8 ounce(s) white crumbled chocolate
- 8 ounce(s) dried cherries
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract
- 3 ounce(s) butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon(s) nutmeg
- 2 cup(s) seedless black cherries
- 1 1/4 cup(s) red port wine
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- Cut up the donuts and put them in a mixing bowl.
- Add the white chocolate and cherries. In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. (Set aside about ¼ cup). Add the eggs, cream, milk and vanilla to the mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture over the bread, making sure it is soaked. Put the creation in a greased baking pan. Evenly place the butter slices on top and sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture over the top of the bread pudding.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown (40-45 minutes).
- Remove from the oven. Cut out a square and spread cherry sauce evenly on top.
FOR CHERRY SAUCE:
- In a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients and bring them to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and cook until the cherries are soft.
- Put the mix in your blender to puree then pour on bread pudding.