Balsamic Glazed Pork ChopsJun 22, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Balsamic pork chop recipe from Frisco Style Magazine
Servings: 4 people
- 4 piece(s) ¾-inch center cut pork chops
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) 4-inch lollipop sticks
- 6 ounce(s) small shallots (quartered & peeled, leave root ends intact)
- 2/3 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- Pat the pork dry and sprinkle it with the ½ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over high heat until it is hot.
- Cook the pork along with the shallots, turning the pork over once. Stir the shallots occasionally. Cook the pork until it is browned and the shallots are golden brown and tender (about five minutes).
- Put the pork on a plate and add vinegar, sugar and the remaining ½ tsp. of salt and ¼ tsp. black pepper to the shallots in your skillet. Cook and stir until the sugar is dissolved and the liquid thickens slightly (about one minute).
- Reduce the temperature to moderate heat and return the pork and juices on the plate to the skillet.
- Turn the pork chops two or three times to coat them in the sauce. Cook the pork all the way through.
- Transfer the meat to a platter. Boil the sauce until it is thick and syrupy before pouring it over the pork.