Chicken and Sausage ÉtoufféeJun 22, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Enjoy this étouffée recipe from the Frisco Style Magazine
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 1/2 cup(s) corn oil
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1 large onion chopped fine
- 1 stalk(s) celery chopped fine
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper chopped fine
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 20 ounce(s) low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon(s) Bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon(s) Louisiana hot sauce
- 1/2 pound(s) boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound(s) smoked sausage sliced, s
- 2 pound(s) green onions sliced on the bias
- 3 cup(s) cooked white rice
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring constantly to make a medium dark roux.
- Add the chicken, onion, celery, green bell pepper and garlic to the roux and sauté over medium heat until the vegetables are tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Slowly add the chicken broth while whisking the roux and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the spices. Simmer for 20 minutes to thicken.
- Add the sausage and hot sauce and simmer for approximately 10 minutes longer.
- Add the green onions and adjust the seasonings.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Recipes 0 stars Chicken/Poultry black pepper green onions Pork/Bacon Soups/Salads/Sides salt cayenne pepper flour Bay leaf medium green bell pepper garlic celery dried thyme large onion corn oil low sodium chicken broth Louisiana hot sauce boneless skinless chicken thighs smoked sausage cooked white rice