Baked Buttercup Squash with ApplesJun 22, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Easy-to-make buttercup squash recipe from Frisco Style Magazine
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 1 1 pound small buttercup or other winter squash
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped tart cooking apple
- 2 teaspoon(s) packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) butter or margarine softened
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Cut squash in half; remove seeds and fibers. Place squash halves, cut side up, in ungreased baking dish, 11x7x1 1/2 inches.
- Mix remaining ingredients; spoon into squash halves.
- Cover and bake about 40 minutes or until squash is tender.