Curry Rice SaladJun 22, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Tasty curry rice salad recipe from Frisco STYLE Magazine.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 2 people
For the Salad
- 1 1/2 cup(s) uncooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon(s) Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) homemade or salt reduced chicken broth
- 2 stalk(s) celery chopped
- 1 small can(s) corn niblets drained
- 6 green onions finely sliced diagonally
- 1 cup(s) frozen peas
- 1 medium red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 cup(s) chicken chopped
- freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
For the Dressing
- 1 tablespoon(s) vinegar
- 2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 3 tablespoon(s) Extra virgin olive oil
- clove(s) Twoof garlic crushed
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium saucepan. Add rice and stir for a minute.
- Add water, broth, curry powder, pepper/salt and stir well.
- Add onion and chicken, stir and cover tightly and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the rice is cooked and water has evaporated.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and stir in corn, celery, green onion, bell pepper and peas.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Mix the salad dressing ingredients in a cup. just before serving stir in well.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley and cherry red tomatoes.
Recipes 0 stars Chicken/Poultry water green onions Soups/Salads/Sides Extra virgin olive oil paprika vinegar celery uncooked brown rice curry powder large onion homemade or salt reduced chicken broth corn niblets frozen peas medium red bell pepper chicken freshly ground pepper and salt to taste Twoof garlic