Halloween Roasted Pumpkin SeedsJun 22, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Roll out this roasted pumpkin recipe from Frisco Style Magazine this Halloween!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 1 batch
- 4 cup(s) pumpkin seeds
- 4 tablespoon(s) melted butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- Wash seeds well by putting then in a big bowl of water and rubbing them between your hands. Let seeds drain in a strainer for about 30 minutes, then spread them out on a baking pan. Use a hair dryer to dry them quickly or place them in a warm oven (120F - 150F) to dry them. I stir them every 10 minutes to speed the drying.
- Preheat oven to 275F. Spread the seeds evenly over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and lightly baste them with butter and spices above.
- Roast the seeds for 20 minutes until golden brown. DO KEEP AN EYE ON THEM, checking every few minutes and stir about every five minutes. Some ovens run hot and it can be as little as 15 minutes or as long as 30 minutes to roast them. Serve hot or cold.