Mom's Ranch Style BeansJun 22, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Try out these delicious ranch style beans from Frisco Style Magazine
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Servings: 6 people
- 16 ounce(s) dried pinto beans
- chopped jalapeños (to taste)
- 5-6 slice(s) cooked bacon
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Soak the bag of dried pinto beans in water, at least overnight (the longer you soak the beans the shorter your cooking time will be).
- Use a deep pot because the beans are going to swell up and double in size. When the beans are ready to cook, drain off the soaking water and add fresh water until the beans are covered (1-2 inches under water).
- Slice a medium onion and add it to the water.
- Cut the strips of bacon into about one-inch sections and put them into the water with the beans and onion.
- Add the chopped jalapeno. Cover the beans and bring them to a boil. Reduce the heat and let the beans cook on low for 1-2 hours (depending on how long the beans have soaked).