Pickled OkraJun 22, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Check out this at-home okra pickling recipe from Frisco Style Magazine
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3 days
Servings: 10 people
- 4 pound(s) fresh okra
- 8 cup(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup(s) water
- 10 clove(s) garlic
- 1/2 cup(s) salt
- 10 Serrano peppers
- 3 tablespoon(s) dill seeds
- 3 tablespoon(s) mustard seeds
- Trim the stems of the okra.
- Bring the vinegar, water and salt to boil in a saucepan. Pack half of your okra in two layers vertically in sterilized jars with about half of an inch left at the top.
- Add a garlic clove, Serrano pepper, 1 teaspoon of dill seeds and 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds to each jar.
- Pour half of the vinegar mixture over the ingredients in the jar. Repeat this step in as many jars as you would like.
- Wipe the jar rims, cover them immediately with the metal lids and screw them on tight. Place your jars on a canning rack and place in simmering water in the canner.
- Add additional water if needed. Boil the water for about 10 minutes.
- Cool your jars in the canner. Let the okra stand for about a week before serving.