Southern Fried OkraJun 22, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Fry up a tasty snack with this okra recipe from Frisco Style!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 6 people
- 1 1/2 pound(s) cut okra
- 1 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- vegetable oil
- Mix together the flour, salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and milk.
- Coat the okra with the egg mixture then with the flour mixture.
- Pour an inch of vegetable oil in a Dutch oven and heat it to about 375 degrees.
- Place a layer of okra in the oil and cook until it is golden brown. Once the pieces are cooked, remove them with a spoon, add salt and place the okra on a paper plate lined with paper towels.
- Replenish the vegetable oil in the Dutch oven until all of the okra is fried.