Scarecrow BarJun 21, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Celebrate fall with Frisco Style Magazine's scarecrow bar recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 8 people
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) corn syrup
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 cup(s) salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup(s) butter softened
- 3 cup(s) mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) creamy peanut butter
- 2 cup(s) crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup(s) candy corn
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat cake mix and butter until combined. Add egg and beat until well mixed. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 13×9 baking pan.
- Bake until it sets and the edges are lightly browned (about 15 minutes). Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle marshmallows over hot crust.
- Bake another couple of minutes until marshmallows puff up. Remove from oven.
- Combine corn syrup, sugar and brown sugar in saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add in peanut butter and vanilla and stir until smooth. Stir in cereal and peanuts.
- Spoon over marshmallow topped base and spread to cover. Sprinkle candy corn over mixture evenly and gently press in.
- Cool and cut into bars.