Sky-High Strawberry PieJun 21, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Try this super-sweet strawberry pie recipe from Frisco Style
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Servings: 6 people
- 10 ounce(s) frozen strawberries thawed
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) whipping cream
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) almond extract
For the Crust
- Set your oven to 425°. Put ingredients for the crust into a nine or 10-inch pie plate.
- Mix the ingredients with your fingers until crumbly, then pat the mixture firmly into a pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Let it cool on a rack for five minutes, then set it in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
For the Filling
- Thaw the strawberries.
- In a bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar, egg whites, lemon juice and salt. Beat ingredients for 15 minutes (or until stiff).
- Whip the cream with the almond extract. Fold into the berry mix.
- Mound the filling into the pie shell. Freeze until the pie is firm.