Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese FrostingJun 20, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Delicious carrot cupcake recipe from Friso Style
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 12 people
- 3/4 cup(s) whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup(s) firmly packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) canola oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup(s) finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup(s) finely chopped walnuts
- 4 ounces greek yogurt cream cheese
- 3/4 cup(s) confectioner's sugar sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Sift together the flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, oil and eggs with the electric mixer until well combined. Add carrots, applesauce and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in 1⁄4 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups. Bake about 20 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean).
- While the cupcakes are baking, beat the cream cheese, sugar and lemon zest with an electric mixer to make the frosting.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely. Frost cooled cupcakes and top them with the remaining two tablespoons of chopped walnuts.
Recipes 0 stars canola oil baking soda ground cinnamon ground nutmeg Desserts all-purpose flour all purpose flour Large Eggs vanilla extract firmly packed light-brown sugar firmly packed light brown sugar fine salt confectioner's sugar whole wheat pastry flour finely shredded carrots unsweetened applesauce finely chopped walnuts greek yogurt cream cheese grated lemon zest