Chocolate FondueJun 20, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Simple chocolate fondue recipe from Frisco Style
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1 batch
- 3/4 cup(s) heavy whipping cream reserve 1/4 c. to thin if fondue begins to thicken
- 4 3.5-ounce bars bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico of Amaretto liqueur optional
- 1/4 cup(s) finely chopped hazelnuts or almonds optional
- Heat 1/2 cup cream in a heavy nonreactive saucepan over moderate heat until cream comes to a low boil. Remove the pan from the heat and add chocolate. Let the chocolate stand in hot cream 3 to 5 minutes to soften, then whisk chocolate together with the cream.
- Stir in liqueur and/or chopped nuts and transfer the fondue to a fondue pot or set the mixing bowl on a rack above a small lit candle.
- If fondue becomes too thick, stir in reserved cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, to desired consistency.
- Arrange your favorite dippables in piles on a platter along side chocolate fondue with fondue forks, bamboo skewers or seafood forks, as utensils, for dipping.