Molasses ToffeeJun 20, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Tasty toffee recipe from Frisco Style
Servings: 6 people
- 1 1/4 cup(s) butter (2 1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) molasses
- 1 cup(s) small pecan pieces or chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 7 ounces dark chocolate
- Butter a small baking dish.
- In a heavy 2 1/2 –qt. saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Then, add sugar, brown sugar, water and molasses, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Raise the heat to medium and attach a candy thermometer to the side of the pan.
- Cook, stirring slowly but constantly, until the temperature reads 290˚F (about 15 min.). Remove from heat immediately and remove the thermometer.
- Stir in the cinnamon. Next, pour the mixture all at once onto your buttered baking dish. Do not scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Let the candy harden for one minute, then sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and let soften. Using a rubber spatula, spread the chocolate evenly over the toffee.
- While the chocolate is still warm, sprinkle the pecans over the chocolate and place the whole thing in the refrigerator. Break into desired pieces and store in an airtight container.