Nostalgic Easter Bunny CakeJun 20, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Celebrate spring with this fun and easy bunny cake from Frisco Style
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 people
- 1 package(s) cake mix (any flavor)
- 2 cans vanilla frosting
- 14 ounces shredded coconut
- 1 bag(s) chocolate chips
- red and green food coloring
- 1 package(s) red licorice
- Bake the cake in two round, 8-inch cake pans. Let the cakes cool completely. Cut the cakes according to the diagram below.
- Frost the sides of each cake piece and assemble them into a bunny (face, ears and bowtie) on a large tray. Frost the tops of the cake pieces.
- Sprinkle 2 3⁄4 cups of coconut over the top and side pieces. In a bowl, toss 3⁄4 cup of coconut with two drops of red food coloring. Toss 1 1⁄4 cups coconut in another bowl with two drops of green food coloring. Sprinkle the pink coconut over the ears and bowtie and outline these areas with chocolate chips.
- Decorate the bunny’s face with chocolate chips (eyes) and licorice (mouth and whiskers). Sprinkle green coconut like grass around the cake.