Pecan Pie BarsJun 20, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Try out these unique pecan pie bars from Frisco Style
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Servings: 6 people
- 1/4 cup(s) unsalted butter
- 1 cup(s) halved pecans
- 1 cup(s) pecan pieces
- 2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup(s) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 cup(s) corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter softened
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix the pecans with melted butter and roast them on a baking sheet (stir a couple of times) for about 15 minutes. Remove the pecans and sprinkle salt on them.
- Line a baking pan with foil and butter the foil. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- To put your crust together, whisk together the flour, cocoa and powdered sugar. Cut in the vegetable shortening and press mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Remove the mixture and immediately add chocolate chips to the top, spreading the melted chocolate across the crust. Let it cool for about 30 minutes.
- For your pie bar filling, whisk together the brown sugar and flour. Stir in the eggs, corn syrup, vanilla and butter. Stir in your roasted pecans and pour the mixture into your crust.
- Bake the entire creation for about 30 minutes, let it cool for about an hour and then put the pan in the refrigerator to chill. Cut the solid mixture into bars.