Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispie TreatsJun 20, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Switch it up this fall with these pumpkin pie rice krispie treats!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 people
- 3 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 2 ounce(s) white chocolate candy melts
- 1/4 cup(s) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 24 piece(s) MellowCreme pumpkins (optional)
- 10 ounce(s) mini marshmallows
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 6 cup(s) crispy rice cereal
- Generously spray a 9x13 baking pan with non-stick spray. Set pan aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add the pumpkin puree and continue to cook until it is warmed through. Fold marshmallows, stirring frequently until almost completely melted. Stir in vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Remove from heat.
- Allow the marshmallow mixture to cool for 20 minutes or until it is at room temperature (failure to cool the mixture will result in soggy rice krispie treats.) Add the cereal and stir until combined.
- our mixture into prepared baking pan and gently spread out evenly. Spray the back of a large spatula with non-stick spray and gently press the mixture without packing it down. Allow it to sit for about 30 minutes before cutting into squares.