Asparagus & Smoked Gruyere QuicheJun 14, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 6 People
- 1 Pie Crust, 9-10" thawed
- 1 Tbsp(s) Olivie Oil
- 8 Asparagus Spears cut into 1' pieces
- 8 Ounces Ham (or 4 oz. Pancetta) small diced
- 1/2 Cup(s) Grated Smoked Gruyere
- 4 Ounces Softened Cream CHees
- 1/2 Cup(s) Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup(s) Half-n-Half
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 Tbsp(s) Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a sauté pan. Add the shallots and cook for 2 minutes. Add asparagus to shallots and cook for 5 more minutes until asparagus is al dente (firm to the bite). Add ham (or pancetta) to the pan and cook for an additional 1 min. Remove from stovetop. Pour sautéed asparagus mixture into the pie shell. Sprinkle cheese evenly over mixture.
- Place softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Using a handheld mixer or mechanical mixer, whip cream cheese. Once cream cheese is whipped, add heavy cream, half-n-half, cracked eggs, parsley, salt, & pepper to the cream cheese and whisk until smooth, scraping the side of the bowl as needed. Pour quiche mix over asparagus & cheese mixture in the pie shell.
- Put quiche on a sheet pan and place into the oven. Cook for 45-60 minutes until the center of the quiche is set and browned on top. Once set remove from oven, cool slightly, slice as you would a pie and serve.