Sassy Grilled Salmon with PineappleJun 14, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: 2 People
- Extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- Your choice of marinade sauce – honey/soy, sesame/teriyaki, etc.
- 1 fresh pineapple
- Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 beer
- 2 Salmon filet skin-on
- Cut rind off pineapple and slice into half-inch rounds. Sprinkle both sides with pumpkin pie spice (you can soak the slices in Parrot Bay spiced coconut rum for some extra zing!). Let sit for 10 minutes. Brush EVOO onto skin side of salmon. Prepare grill for medium heat, direct grilling.
- Open the beer – the rule at my house is that if the grill is fired up, the cook should enjoy a frosty cold one!
- Grill at medium heat (I am not a precision griller, so adjust times to suit your expertise). Direct grill salmon covered for 8-10 minutes, until the filet begins to “ooze.” Brush on a thick coat of marinade sauce and grill covered another 5-7 minutes. Do not flip the salmon! Add another coat of marinade if desired and remove from grill.
- Use filet knife to gently under-cut the skin from the salmon. Direct grill pineapple, flipping every 2-3 minutes until tender. The pineapple slices turn out so tender that you can eat the core if desired.