Leah's Tangy ChiliJun 23, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Try out this quick and easy chili recipe from Frisco Style Magazine
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 1 batch
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 6 ounce(s) beer of choice
- 1 pound(s) ground beef or turkey
- 15 ounce(s) black beans rinsed
- 15 ounce(s) kidney beans rinsed
- 15 ounce(s) diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce(s) tomato sauce
- 6 ounce(s) tomato paste
- 7 ounce(s) chopped green chilis
- 1 cup(s) water
- 3 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried cilantro
- In a large pot, brown ground beef, including onions.
- Drain off the grease and return to the pot adding beer.
- Cook on medium heat until alcohol begins to evaporate, add garlic and canned ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the water and spices. Simmer on medium 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over rice, cornbread or corn chips with cheddar cheese, sour cream and salt.