World’s Best LasagnaJun 23, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Try out this lasagna recipe from Frisco Style Magazine
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pound(s) sweet Italian sausage
- 3/4 pound(s) lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup(s) minced onion
- 2 clove(s) garlic crushed
- 1 can(s) crushed tomatoes 28 oz.
- 2 can(s) tomato paste 6 oz.
- 2 can(s) canned tomato sauce 6.5 oz.
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon(s) Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh parsley
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 16 ounce(s) ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 3/4 pound(s) mozzarella cheese sliced
- 3/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce and water. Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 tbsp. salt, pepper and 2 tbsp. parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of lightly-salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- To assemble, spread 1-1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch-baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with one-half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1-1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Recipes 0 stars water salt ground black pepper Italian seasoning Steak/Beef white sugar lean ground beef egg mozzarella cheese garlic grated Parmesan cheese chopped fresh parsley sweet Italian sausage minced onion crushed tomatoes tomato paste canned tomato sauce dried basil leaves fennel seeds lasagna noodles ricotta cheese