Buffalo Chicken Lettuce WrapsJun 23, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Try out this tasty lettuce wrap recipe from Frisco Style Magazine
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 6.5 hours
Servings: 4 people
- 1/2 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 stalk(s) celery
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 16 ounce(s) fat free low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) Frank’s Buffalo Sauce
- 6 large lettuce leaves
- 1 1/2 cup(s) shredded carrots
- 2 large stalk(s) celery diced
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled blue cheese
- 6 ounce(s) fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon(s) light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper
- In a crock pot, combine the chicken, onions, celery stalk, garlic and broth.
- Cover and cook on low for six to eight hours (or cook on high for four hours).
- Remove the chicken from pot, reserve 1⁄2 cup broth and discard the rest.
- Shred the chicken with two forks then return it to the slow cooker with the 1⁄2 cup broth and the hot sauce.
- Set the temperature on high for an additional 30 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the dressing.
- In a small bowl, mash the blue cheese and yogurt together with a fork. Stir in the mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar and garlic powder until well blended. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To prepare the lettuce wraps, place 1⁄2 cup buffalo chicken in each leaf.
- Top with shredded carrots, celery and dressing.
Recipes garlic powder 0 stars Chicken/Poultry lemon juice onion crumbled blue cheese garlic celery boneless, skinless chicken breast fat free low sodium chicken broth Frank’s Buffalo Sauce large lettuce leaves shredded carrots fat free Greek yogurt light mayonnaise white wine vinegar salt and ground black pepper