Cranberry Upside Down CakeJun 20, 2017 ● By Frisco STYLE
Enjoy this delicious cranberry upside down cake recipe from Frisco Style
- non-stick baking spray
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) firmly-packed brown sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 Large Eggs yolks and whites separated
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) milk
- 8 ounces frozen cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a nine-inch cake pan with nonstick baking spray and dust with flour. Line the pan with parchment paper and spray again.
- Combine brown sugar and one stick of butter in a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat and stir until the butter melts. Pour mixture into the prepared cake pan. Top with walnuts.
- Beat granulated sugar and other stick of butter in a large bowl at medium speed until fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Add egg yolks, beating until combined.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into the batter. Add cranberries and spoon over the mixture in the prepared pan. Bake 35-40 minutes.
- Cool the cake in the pan for about 10 minutes. Immediately invert the cake onto a serving platter.